Friday, September 14, 2007

Rollin' deep

I ordered my 8 point roll bar today, and it should be in sometime next week. I wont have the 2 down bars installed, so really it will only be a 6 point. I have never seen those used on another car, and I really cant tell what they are supposed to tie into. I am going to try to do the install as you see it, but I may have to lower the point where the door bars mate with the main hoop to allow me to get in and out of the car easier. If that is not feasible, I may end up buying one of the swing-out kits, which will hinge that bar for easier access.
Tonight or sometime this weekend I will be removing my interior so I can have the bar installed. Tomorrow morning the block goes to the machine shop for boring, etc. I wont get it back for some time, this is mearly to get it in line behind all the other engines on the waiting list.

3 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

This seems like overkill for keeping your Lay-Z-Boy from tipping over.

Again.

9/14/2007 05:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

Sorry, ya lost me on that one.

9/15/2007 08:44:00 AM

 
Blogger milkman said...

Well, you never mentioned what the rollbar was for.

9/15/2007 01:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home