Wednesday, December 09, 2009

New Camera


About the time Dan came over to the UK my camera gave out. He had a look at it and I think he said that the lens driver was toast, or something like that. In any event, it was time to get a new one. I have put this off because every time I have been sight seeing since then, I have been with someone with a decent camera and have been able to snag their photos. But, the time had finally come for me to get a new camera.
Here it is, the Samsung WB500. I still need to get a memory card for it though. It takes an SD, and I thought my old camera did as well, but it took the old compact flash cards. I've taken a few photos with and just around the house and have been impressed with it. It takes photos quickly (which is a nice benefit should I encounter someone deserving of being posted on peopleofwalmart.com), has 10x optical zoom (should I not want to get close to the person), and a 24mm wide angle lens (should I have trouble getting all of them into fame). I need to get out and play with it, but that'll have to wait until the weekend, otherwise its going to only be tested on night photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

Flash is incredibly cheap these days. I rock an 8GB SDHC card I got for something like $20.

Good call on the camera, though! Looks like a winnar.
--D

12/09/2009 10:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

I checked Circuit City and its about $20 for an 8gig. Comet, the UK equivalent, has an 8gig for about £30. Their closest competitor, Currys, has an 8gig for £20. The queen must have one hell of a tax on memory.

12/09/2009 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Shane said...

Didn't you have a 2GB in your RAZR, just use that with its adapter until you come back to the states for Christmas. Our 8GB was only $15.

12/10/2009 08:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

Yeah I got 2gig in in my Blackberry, but it didnt come with an adapter. For the price of an adapter, I might as well just buy a memory card.

I went ahead and picked up a 2gig for £7 yesterday, it'll get me by until I can go shopping in the US.

12/11/2009 07:20:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home