Snowboarding: Day 1
The biggest thing to note about the first day was that I didnt know how to use the lifts. The indoor slope I use has button lifts, but Cairngorm used t bar lifts, which were difficult. I was able to make it up the tow most of the time, but the guy I was with never made it more than 10 feet. For the end of the day and the second day, he switched to skiing and was able to get up fine on the skis. Once, I fell off and attempted to roll out of the way for the next person, I rolled, but my knee and snowboard stayed still. I heard a "pop" come from my knee, and thought I was done for. I was able to inch of the way and then got up and was able to board, so I guess it wasnt that bad. It still hurts some, but I was able to do both days on it.
So it was a bit of a frustating day between the lifts and the weather at the top, but still loads of fun.
1 Comments:
Lifts account for the majority of my snowboarding injuries.
I always (always) wear knee pads up here because of the risk of dropping a knee into a binding when climbing off a chair lift, or putting it into hard-packed ice on the lift runout.
3/07/2010 10:13:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home