Today was a Good Day
And it just got better. I started the day off by taking the bus to work because it was too cold to walk. I didnt post yesterday, but yesterday I walked from my home to work and back to see how long it would take. 40 minutes each way..
When I got to work today, they set me up with a new laptop and transferred all of my data off of my old one. Apparently there are license issues with me moving an American laptop overseas permanently. The only trouble I have had so far is the keyboard for the UK version is laid out differently. The shift key on the left is small to make room for the "\" button, the quotation button is SHIFT + 2, the ENTER button is small to make room for the # button, and the @ button is on the right near the ENTER button. Ill try to get a pic of the two together so it all makes sense.
Anyway It was a good day to talk with people and get situated in my new role, and understand what my tasks will be over here. After work I walked home with a guy from work who lived close by, so we got to chat for a while.
Afterwards, last night I realized I forgot to buy mayo at the grocery store, so I walked over there. I found the condiments isle, and it wasnt to be found. I started wandering around looking for it wondering if that was one of those things they didnt eat, but i quickly remembered all the egg and mayo sandwiches I have seen for sale at the delis. In my process of wondering I did stumble upon a huge rack of Old El Paso products. I checked, they are made in Mexico. Bonus. Finally I asked where it was, and the guy looked at me cross eyed and walked me down to the end of the store, where there was an ISLE dedicated to nothing but mayonnaise. So yeah, I got a bottle.
Then, now having the ability to watch movies on my UK laptop, I went to the Blockbuster around the corner. Rather than paying £3.50 (hey, I have that button now, and I also have the $, crazy) to rent a new movie I just bought 3 older movies for £4 each.
When I got home I clicked on my laptop, and for some reason, this one can connect to the coffee shop across the street where my old one couldn't, but could detect that it was there. So, now I have wireless at home. And that is why today was a good day.
3 Comments:
Awesome. I dont know what I would do with out internets at home.
1/05/2009 03:17:00 PM
A keyboard layout like this, perhaps?
1/05/2009 03:38:00 PM
Yeah, like that. I wasn't sure how obvious the differences would be unless laid out side by side.
1/05/2009 04:36:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home