Monday, April 19, 2010

If You Want Something Done Right . . .

Everyone knows that if you have a volcano, you have to make sacrifices to it from time to time to appease it. Well, apparently the people of Iceland forgot their basic throw-a-virgin-down-a-volcano duties and now everyone in Europe (or trying to get to Europe) is stuck wherever they are. Yesterday, I was supposed to fly to the Canary Islands for a week long vacation.

Those plans are canned (but will be refunded) and now I am just waiting for Icelandic people to throw someone in so that I can make my flight to graduation in May. Some people are suspecting that this eruption could last for months, but no clear word on how long air travel will be disrupted. I took a look at the American Airline page and they fly from Dublin, so if things are bad here I could try to reschedule my flight from there. Unfortunately, they don't fly from Iceland and Greenland, so ferrying further westward doesn't help any. The last option would be to take a tran-Atlantic cruise line, but if I do that, I am bringing all of my stuff with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

if you're going by boat, you might want to leave a week early

4/19/2010 03:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

Its a week-long boat ride from England to New York, but they all the cruise lines appear to be booked.

4/19/2010 03:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home