Christmas Vacation

Today I was asked to book out my remaining holidays. Keep in mind that everyone in the UK gets 25 days of vacation, we have to set aside 3 for the shutdown between Christmas and new years, so that gave me 22 to play with. Well, despite my various trips this year, I still had 4.5 days remaining, even with taking this Friday off to go to London and three days before Christmas to fly home. So, rather than try to take a whole week off, which wouldnt have done me any good anyway because I'd still be spending time working on my final project for school, I divided up the days. So, this is the last Monday I will have to work, and no more Fridays except a half day on the 18th. Nothing but 3 day work weeks until Christmas.
9.5 days of work left in the year. Sweet.
2 Comments:
I had the same problem last year--I took Wednesdays off instead.
Coincidentally, my time in the UK is one of the reasons why I only have to burn two days this year.
11/30/2009 10:02:00 AM
I've never had the issue of too much vacation before. In Columbus I only received 10 days/year, not counting the Christmas shutdown, so the occasional 3 day weekend was a big deal.
11/30/2009 10:12:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home