-1 For England
You either have to be an elitist, a business owner, a government employee, or an American. Well, I got one of four.I recently learned that there is a Costco in Newcastle. I'd never been to one before, only to Sam's club, but I thought it would be a nice place to have handy whenever I need a pallet of toilet paper (burrito night) so I went up there today to apply for a membership. Shunned.
Turns out, to be allowed in Costco here, you must be one of the above, not just anyone can pay their 25 Pounds. The American caveat is that if you already are a member of Costco in the US, you can use your membership at the UK locations. So, Mom, if you read this, I need a Costco card. Thanks.
Oh, in regards to the elitist comment, it specified a Chartered Engineer, which I would automatically be if I applied since I am a senior engineer, but haven't bothered to do since it doesn't mean anything in the US. So, technically I have 2 of 4.
It didn't say anything specific about royalty, but you and I both know the queen buys her panties there by the crate.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home