Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wii'ing


Today I bought a Wii. This is still a complicated process, due the limited availability and large demand. I showed up at Circuit City at about 9:30 am to stand in line (the store opens at 11). I was the 6th person in line, and the person at the front said that she had been there since 8:30. Around 10am the manager came out and handed out vouchers for everyone in line. They had 12 Wii's in stock, and if we went into the store within the first hour with our voucher, we were guaranteed one. So, 11 rolled around and I headed back to the store. The line had again formed outside the store and people flooded the customer service desk (some people didn't know about the vouchers from earlier and were quickly turned away). I got to the counter and got a Wii as well as a copy of Mario Kart (apparently another hot item since they keep it behind the counter). I got it home, unpacked it, plugged it in, and have been sweating my butt off ever since. It is tons of fun, and I have only been playing the game that comes with it, mostly boxing. My arms are actually sore from boxing about 20 straight rounds. The Wii recommended I take a break, so I figured I would blog about my recent purchase.


The Wii automatically detected my wireless network and I have exchanged Wii addresses with a friend so we can play online. I plan to also buy the Wii Fit which is a lot of fun, and challenging as well. I generally do sets of 20-30 push ups per rep, but I can only do 6-10 on the Wii board since it has you hold your position for SO long. I guess the Wii Fits are selling just as fast as the Wii's are, so they are hard to come by. If you have been thinking about getting one of these, get it. It really is an exercise and probably the funnest video game system I have ever owned. Plus, the controls are simple, most of which not even requiring you to use the buttons. So if (WHEN) you get one, give me your address so we can play online.

1 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

The fact that Nintendo still cannot meet demand for these consoles nearly two years after they were first release is both a testament to the popularity of the system, and absolutely flabbergasting from a production standpoint.

Definitely hook up the WiiWare to get Defend Your Castle and SBCFfAP.

8/24/2008 06:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home