
And in my case, oval. Blue oval. After considering everything from an Audi TT to a VW R32, I have decided I want a 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1. Underneath, this car is essentially the same as the 1994 Mustang GT I had in college. The gauges, dash, seats, and most of the interior are the same as well. The big differences are the all aluminum, 305 horse, 320 lb-ft 4.6L 4V engine, new body, and upgraded transmission. The engine is the same one which graced the 1996-2002 Cobra, until the engine was supercharged in 2003 and rated at 390 horsepower. In terms of autox, it will still be an F-Stock car. Not much for handling, but plenty of power and will be a fun car to drive around, and the 17/25 fuel economy will be a definite help over the 14/16 of my F-250. Not to mention gasoline is around $2.70 and diesel is $3.50 right now. I have found several for sale in the general area, and the cost ranges from $14.9k for a 73k mile version to $18.9k for a 25k mile one. I am going to try to stick to a lower mile car, as my '94 fell apart on me when it hit 100k. I am also looking for one in black or Azure blue, which was only available on Mach 1's. The hood scoop, while cool looking and styled after the one on my '70, is for the sake of argument, non functional. Rather than being rammed in the manifold like the original, the later Mach 1's have a tube which runs from the shaker down to the front of the air cleaner box, and then back up to the throttle body. Anyway, I am happy to have decided that this is the car I want and have narrowed my search to one car.
4 Comments:
Pip had one...nuff said.
2/12/2008 08:47:00 PM
I think his was an automatic.
2/12/2008 08:49:00 PM
Really? I didn't think he'd buy anything with a rev limiter above 2,500 rpm.
2/12/2008 11:00:00 PM
I want to see some suspension upgrades on that thing. I hated the body role in your old 94 - even as a passenger it felt like i was going to fall out the side of the seat. And that was comming from my old 3-wheeler gti.
2/21/2008 03:22:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home