Takes a Lickin'
Less than a month ago, I bought my LG Chocolate. On Wednesday I successfully submerged it in the sink at work. We have those large industrial sinks which you turn the water on by stepping on the metal ring, and lean in to the center where the spout is. It turns out my phone wasn't in my pocket all the way, and went right in. Bummer. I removed the battery, disassembled the phone, and did my best to dry it, but to no avail. When started, it would begin the boot sequence, but would proceed to flash, become fuzzy, and try to restart. I figured it was toast, so I returned to the Verizon store and purchased another Razr. It was the cheapest phone that they had without the low cost of a 2 year contract. Another $200 down the drain. . . OR SO I THOUGHT! I turned the Chocolate back on Thursday afternoon, and shazaam, it worked. I returned the Razr today and reactivated the Chocolate. Freaking Sweet.
OH, but as far as electronics and water. . . . 2/3 of the earth's surface is covered in water. I can go buy a Timex for $20 at Wal-Mart that will allow me to dive down 30 feet and not have a problem, despite the fact that I would have to drive 5 hours to Chicago or Detroit to find water 30 feet deep. People in the industry need to start designing the $200+ electronic objects we carry around on a daily basis to some level of water protection.
3 Comments:
Were you able to keep your Diana Ross ringtones?
11/04/2007 01:26:00 AM
Nope, b*tch couldn't swim...
11/04/2007 09:00:00 AM
werd.
11/04/2007 04:39:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home