Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Speaking of Power

Just some highlights. My new engine will utilize a Scat forged rotating assembly, with H-beam connecting rods and forged aluminum JE pistons. The assembly is rated at 11.0:1 compression with 58cc cylinder heads, and 10.0:1 with 64cc heads. I have 60cc heads, but I will have them decked and expect ~ 11.0:1 when they are done. I will be reusing my Edelbrock Performer RPM cylinder heads, which have a 2.o2 intake and 1.60 inch exhaust valve. The heads will be ported and polished beyond their existing 170cc port size and flow matched. I am going to scrap the Torquer II intake manifold for a Victor Jr, and will be machining it to accept Edelbrock's 1000 cfm multi port fuel injection. I am going with a roller camshaft from Comp Cams, with an advertised duration of 294 in/306exh, 0.554in/0.558 exhaust lift, and 110 degrees of lobe separation.

Roush has a 347 cubic inch crate motor (pictured) that produces 450 horsepower. It only has 10.0:1 compression, a mild street cam, standard port heads, and is carburated. Based on this, I expect to push well over 500 naturally aspirated horsepower. The 11.0:1 compression will mandate that I run 93 octane plus an additive. Edelbrock cylinder heads have good swirl, so I am not too worried about pinging.

Its going to be a sweet spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Don't forget the valve covers. :)

10/25/2007 09:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home