Sunday, April 15, 2007

Portable Power

Today I went to an estate auction. I had never been to one before, and I really didnt know what to expect. I chose to attend this one because it was a lot of shop tools and equipment. The guy was apparently heavy into Go Kart racing, so while there were no complete karts, there were several engines, tires, gears, and other parts, plus TONS of tools, equipment, and other random items that he must have had lying around. There were 2 things I was interested in; a wire feed welder and a generator. The welder sold for $200, which I thought was rediculous, seeing as of how you can buy one at Lowes for around $240 new, and you never know what you are going to get at an auction. I managed to get the generator for $75. It is an Onan (which Cummins owns), outputs 450 Watts AC, and a little over 8 amps DC. Pretty small, but it will be good for me to take to the track and use to recharge my battery between runs. I have changed the oil, cleaned the plug, and put new fuel in it, but I think I need to drain the carb and throw some eather in it to get it to start. It turns over freely, and has spark, but I think it has sat for a while. Anyway, fun little side project.

3 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

Jesus died for your Lucas electrics.

4/16/2007 12:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

Who are Lucas electrics and what do they have to do with my lord and savior?

4/16/2007 05:14:00 PM

 
Blogger milkman said...

Eating lemons will take the enamel off your teeth.

4/24/2007 05:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home