Monday, May 18, 2009

Opportunity Knocks

My boss and several co-workers have taken this week off. This is during a critical time for components that they own, so I have had to take them over and make decisions for them. Since no one else is around, they have me reporting to upper management. This is giving me an opportunity to shine and get noticed by some new people. You might remember that I was promoted to Technical Program Leader for REPTOs, but this has more to do with my role in mechanical development of the ISF.
Today I was able to complete a dimensional variation analysis on the components, including output distribution using the Monte Carlo method to determine both worst case and 6 Sigma tolerances. Not only did I get this completed, but I also had it published as a technical report and approved by the TPL, who forwarded it around to his managers. Generally it takes quite a while (days or longer) to do these, and if people even do them, they usually don't bother to publish them, which can be a pain later on.
Anyway, it all made for a long day, but I am gonna try to do what I can to make the most of this to make sure they know what I'm capable of. Pretty much all I have to do is redesign something that should've been done that way about a year ago, and insure that I can have it sourced, tested, and approved before launch. Simple, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

should be a walk in the part. do work son!

5/19/2009 10:23:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home