Monday, January 26, 2009

Ranger

I've been looking online a lot at the Ranger and decided that I definately want a 2007 or 2008. with the standard 2.5L diesel, they produce 145 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque. Thats about 40hp more than the prevous years. Plus they are Euro 4 compliant, and since you get taxed on CO2 here, thats a big deal. With 4x4 and 4 doors, the truck gets 25.9 mpg in the city, 36.2 mpg on the highway, or 31.7 combined. The Thunder version, which seems to be most popular, has the above options plus leather and chrome. The only thing I am not a big fan of is the gauges on top of the dash. If they were useful, maybe, but they just show roll, tilt, and outside temperature. The Ranger is one of the few trucks that puts the transmission shift lever close to the driver. The Mitsubishi L200, for example, puts the shift lever where it would normally be on an left hand drive truck, so you have to reach across the transfer case shifter to get it.


I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Unfortunetly, the closest for dealership is in the next town over. Everything in England closes at 5. Unless you have a weekday off, you pretty much have to do your shopping on the weekend. So, Saturday I am going to try to get to Middlesburough to give one a shot.

3 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

Buy a cheap caravan, gut it, and cut the back end off. Hitch it to whatever you buy for daily use, and the park the ATV inside.

1/27/2009 10:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

I think the only people with caravans are referred to as gypsies.

1/27/2009 10:04:00 AM

 
Blogger milkman said...

Well then this should be a step up for you.

1/27/2009 02:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home