Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Couple of Things That Have Gone Wrong

The tail worked for a laptop, for a while. In fact, it still works, as I can charge the laptop fine. However, after about a day of use following the tail install I mysteriously lost the hard drive. The laptop failed to get passed the initial boot screen without going to the "select safe mode" prompt screen. I would select any of the options and nothing would happen. Phil suggested the Hard Drive may not be hooked up properly, so I tore it all back apart and found that i assembled everything correctly. The only thing I did notice was a slight rattle coming from the sealed hard drive. When I put it back together, I could hear the hard drive ticking at about 1 Hz, so I am more than willing to bet the hard drive is junk. Which pretty much makes this computer junk. HP Pavilion ZX 5400, RIP, unless Dan knows something I don't...

Other news, I have been driving the Porsche around for about 10 days with expired temporary tags. This is not due to a lack of effort on my part, as I have been talking to the dealership and bank almost daily. The issue is the bank does not keep electronic copies of the title, so they only received a photocopy from the dealership. The dealership does not keep it once the electronic copy has been filed, and I need one or the other to send a real hard copy (not a print out of the one stored electronically) to license the vehicle in IN. The bank finally explained to the dealership what they had to do at the Ohio motor vehicle department to get me an actual title. Since then, I have had a hard time getting the dealership to answer my calls. This is a BMW dealership, so you would think that they have experience in selling financed vehicles to people who live out of state, but apparently this is a new concept to them. I am working my way up the ladder at the dealership until this is resolved.

Lastly, I have replaced pretty much every hose and fitting on the hot tub to prevent leaks. I had leaks initially, and rather than just deal with them piece at a time, I opted to do the preventative fix and go through them all at once. I only have 1 hose left to replace, and that is from the pump to the filter, and it should be complete. I am hoping to have it up and running this week, but school and work, and other things have taken priority.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

any thoughts on a personalized plate or the like for the boxter?

5/07/2008 05:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Justin Short said...

I did, but I just paid $253 to register and license that thing, so I didnt feel like paying any more for a custom plate.

5/07/2008 05:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home