Saturday, February 04, 2006

First Blog: Diamler Chrysler

By recommendation of Raven Rotsaert, I needed to start a blog. So here it is, my first blog.

Work: Recently, I was assigned to do some work for Chrysler. Specifically, the 5.9L diesel we supply them. This is a bit out of the ordinary, as my position is the development and production of service tools for High Horsepower (HHP) engines. These engines range anywhere from 19L to 92L (I've only actually seen up to a 78L, The 81L and 92L are French), and produce upwards of 3,000 horsepower. For those of you who don't savvy liters, multiply by 60, and that will get you close enough to cubic inch to get the idea. Ill post some pictures of these engines sometime. But I digress . . .

Doing product engineering work for Chrysler is a unique experience. The fact that I get to do development work on a day-by-day basis is exciting to start with. We have engineers who just write manuals, crunch numbers, etc. After the engineering work was done, I had to make a trip to Detroit to visit Chrysler and demonstrate what I had come up with.

What you see on the right is a picture of Chryslers JTE building. That's Jeep and Truck Engineering to you and I . . . Well, more you than I. There is more building than I could get into the shot on the left, and its extremely deep. There is no assembly line here, its strictly engineering. I got to see a few concept vehicles lying around, as well as a bunch of other neat things that are going on. There were very few cars (again, Jeep and Truck Engineering), but I enjoyed seeing what I got to see


Speaking of which, there was also a trophy case . This is one of the few things in the building that I had the guts to take a picture of that wasn't a part of my work. Last thing I wanted to do was get kicked out for snapping pictures from the inside of an engineering building, but I don't think they would mind their accolades being appreciated.





Anyway, Here is a picture of my labor.
Note the nice, shiney fuel filter
housing, fuel heater, and water in fuel sensor. I'll probably be going back up to Detroit once we have an official kit which includes all of the components, and I will ask what I can get pictures of. Stay Tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger milkman said...

You should have called your blog, "The Justin W. Short Bus."

Just saying.

3/01/2006 09:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home